Monday, July 03, 2006

Jim Morrison Death Anniversary


Thirty-five years ago today on July 3, 1971, Jim Morrison was found dead in his hotel bathtub, in Paris, by his girlfriend Pamela. The cause of death was given as an apparent heart attack. He was only 27 years old. He's been buried in the Poets’ corner of Père Lachaise Cemetery an area shared by Balzac, Molière and Oscar Wilde.

I was at the Père Lachaise two weeks ago with my friend. Of course, the first grave we visited was the one of Jim Morrison. It was not my first visit; I saw it before his headstone was stolen and when graffiti were still covering the other graves around. Now a security guard is here, not too close but not too far, day and night. That day, a dozen of people were standing silently. Like them, we stayed there for a while thinking about Jim and the music of The Doors. Before, we left, a girl arrived and stands alone facing the grave, after a short moment I saw her lips moving. She was talking to her hero.
I guess today, hundreds of fans will gathered at his grave to mark the 35th anniversary of his death.

To see more pictures and comments about Jim Morrison’s Grave, please visit Michelle Campbell page:
thedoors.com

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wake up
its 36 years!

6:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i miss him
chantal

6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

37 yrs and the music is still NOT over.

Verinoble

6:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you know who you are? Yes, I knew the moment our eyes touched.I am you best friend, your lover, your future wife and mother of your children. He nodded yes,made love to me all afternoon, and then he was gone. For our wedding he said, the moon shall be our candle, the gentle sound of the surf will be our music and you will wear nothing in your hair but the ocean breeze.It would have been so beautiful. I still wait for his whisper against my neck.

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

javascript hit counter