Thursday, October 26, 2006

Kevin Shields Meets The Go! Team


I have been much busy those last days, so I let the Leaky Sparrow rest for a while until I was free to come back to share more music with you.

Today, I thought about Kevin Shields, you know the mysterious, reclusive genius behind My Bloody Valentine who created that abrasive master-piece and classic called Loveless (November 1991). After working up for the OST of Lost In Translation (Sofia Coppola) in 2003 with 3 instrumental pieces, everybody expect him to resurface with a new My Bloody Valentine album. Well, 15 years is a very long wait… Anyway, meanwhile, Kevin Shields broke this long period of semi-isolation and ventured out of hibernation to create a mega-remix of The Go! Team songs Ladyflash and Huddle Formation, to be included on the forthcoming Ladyflash single. Due January 30 on
Memphis Industries (El Perro Del Mar, The Pipettes…) in the UK, the single will also include a RJD2 remix of Huddle Formation, a Simian Mobile Disco remix of Ladyflash, and a brand new Go! Team song: The Wrath of Mikey. It will be available as a 7", CD, and download. The Go! Team gang (Brighton) expects to hire Kevin Shields to produce their new project to be released in 2007.

The Go! Team Website:
thegoteam.co.uk
The Go! Team Myspace: myspace.com/thegoteam

My Bloody Valentine Website:
mybloodyvalentine.net

Go! Team - Huddle Flash (Kevin Shields Remix) .mp3

Kevin Shields - Lost In Translation Sountrack - City Girl .mp3

My Bloody Valentine - When You Sleep .mp3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

javascript hit counter