Thursday, April 26, 2007

Juliette & The Licks - LFSM, Part 4



Last Monday at the Bataclan (Les Femmes s'en mêlent Festival), after Rose Kemp, after the Plasticines, it was the duty of Juliette & the Licks to play and to close the evening. Juliette Lewis and her boys were much more awaited than the others, no doubt about that, as soon as the lights died out people rushed in front of the stage not to miss a second of the show.
She was all dressed in black with a t-shirt saying “je ne regrette rien” (I don’t regret anything) - when Juliette Lewis meet Edith Piaf, another woman always dressed in black. Me either I didn’t regret anything of what I saw, it was a real Rock’n’Roll show with sweat and blood as my friend Bookerfatz 2 like to say. The music was loud and The Licks were perfect, they remind me The Foo Fighters that I saw two years ago. Juliette Lewis is really a show woman, a female Iggy Pop. She knows how to act on stage and play with her body and her face, years of being an actress sure helped her a lot. Talking about acting, the show was filmed for the French musical TV called MCM, I am sure that it will be available in some DVD form pretty soon. So, don’t miss her if you like sweat and blood... if not, once in a while!

Web:
julietteandthelicks.com
MySpace: myspace.com/julietteandthelicks

Juliette & the Licks - You're Speaking My Language .mp3
Juliette & the Licks - Hot Kiss .mp3
Juliette & the Licks - Got Love to Kill .mp3 via theprettiestpony

Bonus:
Edith Piaf - Non, je ne regrette rien .mp3
Crooked Fingers - Juliette .mp3

Photo: Thanks to Robert Gil (
photosconcerts.com)

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there ! That LFSM festival was kinda good.... Have you been to the Laura Veirs show ??? Awesome. Keep on blogging.

David

11:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fab blog, I've got you in my live bookmarks, keep up the great work, is there any chance you could post up the Edith Piaf mp3, right clicking just plays the song, and left clicking is a firefox document, much appreciated if you can Leaky Sparrow, thanking you

2:33 AM  
Blogger leaky sparrow said...

Thanks Lolly. Right and left cliking are ok for me, I can listen or save the song. Can't help you, sorry.

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

javascript hit counter