Sunday, January 20, 2008

Dear Emily Jane White


Thank you Emily Jane White, thank you so much. Since the beginning of this year I was wondering if 2008 would be like 2007, I mean quite good, but very boring. By now the answer is no and you are the reason for me to rejoice, your debut solo album Dark Undercoat already made my year. Ok, it was released in November 2007 on Oakland's Double Negative Records but who cares, like me, many people will only hear it in 2008. You know that it’s never too late to listen to what is very good.
To tell you the truth, Dark Undercoat brought me back in 1996 when I first heard the “dark folk” of Cat Power with the release of What Would the Community Think. I know you may be a little bit upset to be all the time compared to Chan Marshall, but I think you must be proud, because it is always a compliment. Anyway, who cares about Cat Power, Lauren Hoffman, Beth Orton, Hope Sandoval or Edith Piaf, you are Emily Jane White.
Emily Jane, I want you to know that I’m listening to Dark Undercoat again and again, it doesn’t leave my cd player and always give me a thrill. Thanks again. And, please, don’t change too much or too soon.

Web:
emilyjanewhite.com
MySpace: myspace.com/emilyjanewhite
Label: Double Negative Records

Emily Jane White - Wild Tigers I've Known .mp3 and the video here on YouTube
Emily Jane White - Bessie Smith .mp3

Labels:

javascript hit counter