Friday, May 12, 2006

Carrie Biell de nuit


Another strong coup de cœur to share with you, the 24 year old Carrie Biell from the Seattle music scene. Carrie has a voice that reminds me the time when I discovered Chan Marshall (Cat Power) in 1996. I couldn’t spend a day without listening to Chan and Carrie brings me to the same frame of mind.

Already 3 albums, the last one Autumn On You was released in 2004 and the next one will come pretty soon as Carrie Biell says in this message:

"So a lot of people have been asking me when I will have a new release out, and I just want everybody to know that I begin recording in a week with Shawn Simmons at Litho in Seattle. I hope to have it all mastered and pressed by the end of summer. Maybe even sooner. It has been 2 years since my last release, as many things have held me up such as band member changes and not having enough money to record the damn thing. Yet the time in between has been a really positive thing because it's given me a lot of time to write and fine tune new material with my new band members Steve and Joe. Steve's musical background and Louisiana roots has played a big part in the direction of my music, adding some of the Americana and country twang that fits so nicely with the songs I write. Joe's upright bass adds extra rhythm and depth. I'm really excited to complete this album and share the new music with everyone so don't go away. It's gonna happen."
Biell's band consists of Carrie Biell (Guitar, Vocals, some cello), Joe Wuollet (upright bass), and Steve Norman (dobro and electric guitar).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

javascript hit counter