Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Route du Rock Festival 2006


Summer is for festivals. This one is always attractive. La Route du Rock is a French pop and electronic festival created in 1991, located near Saint-Malo in French Brittany.
In August 1998, I attended a very cool Route du Rock. I had the chance to see PJ Harvey for the first time. It was an incredible show. Also, came for me the moment to see at last Portishead live. I still remember that night. So, if I add the great performances of Perry Blake and Heather Nova, I may say that it was one of most enjoyable music week-end ever.

This year, the first two days looks gorgeous. Here is the line up of the 16th edition of
La Route du Rock 2006

- Friday, August 11

Liars
Mogwai
Calexico
Islands
Why?
Howling Bells
Friends Of Dean Martinez
Grizzly Bear

- Saturday, August 12

Radio 4
TV On The Radio
Cat Power & The Memphis Rhythm Band
Belle And Sebastian
The Pipettes
You Say Party! We Say Die!
Stuart A. Staples
Micah P. Hinson

- Sunday, August 13

The Spinto Band
Franz Ferdinand
Katerine
The Television Personalities
Band Of Horses
Isobel Campbell
El Perro Del Mar

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

javascript hit counter