Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Lucinda Williams Remastered


Lucinda Williams just released her new digitally re-mastered CD Car Wheels On A Gravel Road complete with previously unreleased full concert performance (WXPN Live At The World Café, Philadelphia, PA, recorded July 11, 1998) and exclusive footage. Lucinda is certainly one of the most brilliant singer/songwriter since years; her work was universally hailed as a major talent by both critics and fellow musicians before wining attention from the general public.
I always wanted to talk about Lucinda Williams in Leaky Sparrow and this Deluxe Edition gives me the opportunity to do it. To tell you the truth, I prefer Essence (2001) witch I believe is more romantic - but it’s a question of personal mood – that doesn’t mean that Car Wheels is lower in my opinion, it’s different. I listened to Metal Firecracker on and on for days ("We put on ZZ Top, and turn 'em up real loud/ I used to think you were strong, I used to think you were proud") and the quality of the songs on that CD confirms that she is more than a “country” singer.
Car Wheels On A Gravel Road earned Lucinda Williams a Gold Album and the Grammy® Award for Best Contemporary Folk Album. In 2003, the album was ranked number 304 on
Rolling Stone magazine's list of the 500 greatest albums of all time and, last November, the Time included Car Wheels On A Gravel Road in there All-TIME 100 Albums Published. What more can I say except that if you don’t own any Lucinda you should be ashamed. Start here.

Tonight, difficult choice for me: J. Tillman plays at
The Pomme d'Eve and Bert Jansch plays at the New Morning. Any advice!

Website:
lucindawilliams.com

Lucinda Williams - Lake Charles .mp3
Lucinda Williams - Greenville .mp3
Lucinda Williams - Can't Let Go .mp3

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would say Bert Jansch, he is a legend!

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

javascript hit counter