Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Bill Callahan New Sound


It’s a long time since I first heard Cat Power singing Batysphere, song number 9 from her third album What Would The Community Think (1996). On the cover of the cd, it was said: written by Bill Callahan (Smog).
Because everything that concern Chan Marshall opens my curiosity, I started to purchase Bill Callahan music until Dongs Of Sevotion (2000) – Held, from Knock Knock (1999) is for me one of his best song. Then I stopped, hard to say why, and I put the music from (Smog) between brackets… but I still believe that he is one of the most interesting indie singer-songwriter alive.
Woke on a Whaleheart (April 2007) is the first record to be released by Bill Callahan under his own name and the first one to be “open” to traditional American songwriting like folk and gospel. True or not, I’m sure that his 13th cd is worth a listen.

Web:
Bill Callahan
MySpace: myspace.com/toomuchtolove
MySpace (Smog): myspace.com/smoggertone

Bill Callahan - Sycamore .mp3

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Parisian Cowboy said...

Very good surprise ! I noticed that this song wasn't written by Chan but never bothered to find the real author ! And you're right : that guy is seriously gifted.

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

javascript hit counter