Thursday, March 13, 2008

Goldfrapp - Alison In Wonderland


To be honest, until now I was not sure if I wished to write about Seventh Tree, the latest Goldfrapp release. First because this record doesn’t need me to be known (as far as I could be of any help, ha ha ha…), it already reached the top of the charts in UK and on the Web, second because I felt a little bit disappointed by the contents of this fourth album even if I enjoy listening to it since I bought it (February 26).
In 2000, like most of you, I was amazed by the wonderful debut album Felt Mountain. The baroque mood of this record with the magnificent voice of Allison Goldfrapp arrived in the middle of a golden age where you could listen to Portishead, Alpha, Massive Attack…, all those people from Bristol. Then, I skipped Goldfrapp’s second album, Black Cherry, knowing that Allison and Will Gregory took a different direction. I came back with Supernature in case of and must admit that I really enjoyed it, I even saw Goldfrapp live in an outdoor festival during the summer of 2005.
To come back to Seventh Tree, after several listening, all I can say is that the writing is still very efficient, the sound and the production quite perfect - as usual - and that few songs like Cologne Cerrone Houdini bring me back to the days of the flamboyant Felt Mountain, and that is good. Well, I let you find more comments elsewhere. Just one advice from me, if you feel the need to buy Seventh Tree, choose the deluxe edition (CD+DVD+ poster+book+postcards), for about the same prize, it’s a nice little object.

Web:
www.goldfrapp.co.uk
MySpace: www.myspace.com/goldfrapp
Label: www.mute.com

Goldfrapp - A & E .mp3 (Seventh Tree) via Music Is Art
Goldfrapp - Number 1 .mp3 (Supernatural)
Goldfrapp - Human .mp3 (Felt Mountain)

Bonus:
Tricky - Evolution Revolution Love .mp3

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

javascript hit counter