Monday, April 24, 2006

Merz is back


“When I was a child, my mother nourished me with English folk like the Incredible String Band and John Martyn but when I was a student my favourite group was Cocteau Twins…” said Conrad Lambert aka Merz who published a very well acclaimed debut album in 1999. Since then, no news from him at all, he disappeared without saying goodbye... Hopefully, seven years later, Merz found new inspirations and the road to the studios. He is back now with a magical second opus called Loveheart (Grönland Records) full of delicate songs like Postcard from a Dark Star or Verily.

Produced by Bruno Ellingham (New Order, KT Tunstall...), Merz also invited few friends to play along with him: the Goldfrapp bass player (Charlie Jones), Beth Gibbons (Portishead), John Baggot (from Robert Plant’s band) and the Norwegian Even Johansen (Magnet).

javascript hit counter