Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Cat Power - A new Chan


Everybody knows that Cat Power is touring in the USA right now with a 12 piece band behind her (upcoming shows below). I had news from the first shows (Tucson, San Francisco). It looks like it’s a brand new Chan Marshall on stage. She delivered perfect performances. 100% there. In San Francisco, she held up her arms like a champion and said "sober!" Then, during the solo part of the show, she began to play Hate and changed the lyrics: "In the wind I crunch, I do not want to die." "I do not hate myself. And I do not want to die." "I do not hate me, myself, and I." Looks like a victory! At one point, someone yelled "back of his head" and she said "ha, no way, those days are O-ver!" She seemed to be enjoying playing in front of people again.

If you never experienced a Cat Power show, you may give a listen to the Munich show in 1998 on
Captains Dead.com. Thanks to Greg! It may be a document now, because that old Chan looks to be dead. So, long live the new Cat Power.

  • Upcoming shows (All concerts backed by the Memphis Rhythm Band)

    JUNE
    Wednesday 07 - Boston, MA (Berklee Performance Ctr)
    Friday 09 - New York, NY (Town Hall)
    Saturday 10 - New York, NY (Town Hall)
    Sunday 11 - Philadelphia, PA (Electric Factory)
    Wednesday 14 - Washington, DC (930 Club)
    Friday 16 - Manchester, TN (Bonaroo Music Festival)
    JULY
    Saturday 01 - Detroit, MI (Comerica TasteFest)
    Sunday 02 - Montreal, QC (Montreal Jazz Fest (solo, no band))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

javascript hit counter