Thursday, January 11, 2007

One More Julie Doiron


The last time I saw Julie Doiron on stage was in October 2003 inside a barge, the Guinguette Pirate, along the Seine River. She was not really on tour at that time, she was just in Paris to record new songs for her forthcoming album with the help of the two brothers from Herman Düne. The cd, Good Night Nobody, was released in September 2004 and confirmed the Canadian unique hushed singing style, and her reputation as one of indie-rock’s best and most intimate songwriters.
Woke Myself Up is Julie Doiron first album of new material in over two years and her seventh up to now: “I've been playing for quite a while now... I started my first real band: Eric's Trip in 1990 and have played ever since. When we broke up in 1996 is when I really started to play a lot as me, Julie Doiron... I am still me, Julie Doiron but I have been lucky enough to still be making music and to have played with a lot of great people!”. The record will be released January 23rd on
Jagjaguwar and can also be found on Endearing Records.

Web:
juliedoiron.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

javascript hit counter