Thursday, August 02, 2007

Swinging London



I was in London few days ago... just for a short stay. I always enjoyed the city and never missed an opportunity to be there again and, with Eurostar, London is just next door. The only problem for me is that everything is so expensive specially now with a very strong British Pound.
Anyway, that didn’t stop me to visit my favorite places: Neal’s Yard in Covent Garden to listen to some good music in the
Rough Trade Shop (I was happy enough to find some back issues of the dead Comes With A Smile magazine); Berwick Street in Soho to purchase some promo copies at a very low price of the latest albums from Yoko Ono, The Bird And The Bee or Suzanne Vega; Notting Hill Gate and Portobelo Road of course for some beers; Abbey Road and the Beatles Store on Baker Street (saw it for the first time, it’s crap!); Pimlico for his quiet atmosphere.
I missed
Mark Lannegan in Bush Hall and Greg Allman at Shepherds Bush Empire, but that was ok for me, I was to lazy to go inside a hall and preferred to stay outside enjoying London by night…

Years ago, I had the chance to discover
Joy Zipper during one those free in-store gigs held in The Rough Trade Shop of Neal’s Yard. A new store is open now in Brick Lane (more info here) and it’s a very good news for those like us who still love to purchase music in shops.

Joy Zipper - Christmas Song .mp3 from American Whip (2004)
Joy Zipper - Transformation Fantasy .mp3 from Joy Zipper (2000)

Bonus:
The Beatles - Here Comes The Sun .mp3
Bonus: Bill Withers - Ain't No Sunshine .mp3 music from the Motion Picture Notting Hill

Photo: Lucky Lady

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We need shops !
Without shops there's no music !

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

javascript hit counter