Monday, May 05, 2008

MGMT - Spectacular Tour @ Köln

I purchased the MGMT’s debut album, Oracular Spectacular, about two weeks ago and as soon as I listened to it I was wondering if I wished to talk about it or not here on Leaky Sparrow - so many blogs before me reviewed it and made such a big buzz around what will be at the end of 2008 the number 1 of most top tens. The answer came easy, last week I was walking in Cologne (Köln) and imagine my surprise when I saw a poster under a bridge saying that our friends from New York will be in town the next evening. As soon as I could I purchased two tickets.
Imagine The Luxor, a small club with a stage at the bottom enough large to welcome a band of 5 members not more and imagine you’re in the beginning of the sixties in a club somewhere in Hamburg discovering a young band called the Management. Soon after, they changed the history of music… I’m kidding!
MGMT is an amazing young band with lots of ideas and many pretty pop songs very well craft. The record is full of hits and I was curious to see if they could bring live the energy that I heard on the record. The setlist consisted of almost all of Oracular Spectacular’s tunes plus one or two new ones (not especially fancy but…). Time To Pretend and Kids were the highlights of the show and made almost everybody jumping and happy. A very promising performance from a band in the prime of life.

Web:
www.whoismgmt.com
MySpace: www.myspace.com/mgmt

MGMT - Kids .mp3 “Control yourself take only what you need from it”
MGMT - Time To Pretend .mp3 “I’m in the prime of my life”
MGMT - Destrokk .mp3

Photo by Lucky Lady (MGMT in Köln)

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good day

We do not agree with this year Brit awards decision.

Please come to see our little survey

http://micropoll.com/t/KDqOnZBCWt

Lady Gaga can not be better than ?????

Poll supported by BRIT awards 2010 sponsor femmestyle
[url=http://www.femmestyle.li/brustvergroesserung/guenstig.html]brustvergrößerung günstig[/url]

Do you have a burning question we could ask all the stars at The BRIT Awards?

2:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

javascript hit counter