Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Dennis Wilson – Pacific Ocean Blue


“…Loneliness is a very special place
To forget is something that I never done.
Silently, silently you touch my face.”
Thoughts Of You
Dennis Wilson, Pacific Ocean Blue (1977)

There was a time, in the ‘70s, when records came from nowhere and knocked you down for ever. I mean records like Berlin (73) by Lou Reed, No Other (74) by Gene Clark, What’s Going On (71) by Marvin Gaye, Time Fades Away (73) by Neil Young, All Thing Must Pass (70) by George Harrison and, of course, the one and only Pacific Ocean Blue (77) by Dennis Wilson.
All of those LPs mean something very personal for all listeners who had the chance to share and experience the music of those masterpieces at that time. Each one built a very strong and rich relation between the artist and the listener based on the music and the lyrics. Maybe because all of them have in common one simple link: the loneliness. Since, Gene Clark, Marvin Gaye, George Harrison and Dennis Wilson passed away.
I was a little bit scared of what will come from the digital treatment of this first time ever (official) released of the first solo LP to be released by a member of the legendary Beach Boys, Mister Dennis Wilson. I bought the deluxe 2 CD Legacy Edition and I must admit that I am amazed by the sound and the packaging. Just, I have only two slight comments, first, Bambu (The Caribou Sessions) and all the Bonus Tracks should have been released separately in a special CD later on, second, I miss the moment after Thoughts Of You (end of side A) when I had to stand up from my coach and turn the record and put the needle on side B… a moment of silence and meditation.
So June 17 is a special day and like the liner notes say: “Newcomers will be amazed as they discover the musical treasure within one of rock’s cult classics.” Please be one of them, don’t hesitate and enjoy.
Oh, by the way, my vinyl copy won’t be anymore a collector now… shit!

Web:
pacificoceanblue.net

Dennis Wilson - River Song .mp3
Dennis Wilson - Thoughts Of You .mp3
George Harrison - All Things Must Pass .mp3
Berlin - Sad Song .mp3 via The Rising Storm

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Not Beasts said...

Right the fuck on.

4:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think the original will retain the value it has today. it's still just as rare right? i guess there was a premium for the lack of CD availability though. anyways, i won't be selling my copy. ;)

i'm buying the CD version for myself and giving away a copy of the LP version at my site, if they do ever manage to release it. it's a very special album. kudos for your fine post.

4:12 PM  
Anonymous Mikemacc said...

In the 1990's I got lucky, I still have 10 sealed promo cd's of this disc (the first print) still in a long box (along with the rest of the BB re-issues. No one else wanted them. I still listen to my original vinyl of this overlooked gem. Still in my top 5 best lp's of all time.

7:05 AM  
Blogger chenlili said...

cheap ugg boots
nike outlet
prada handbags
blackhawks jersey
swarovski jewelry
north face jackets
air max
hermes birkin bags
ugg
true religion
20182.1chenjinyan

4:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

javascript hit counter