Friday, May 16, 2008

Harmonia - From 1974 To 2008

Harmonia? Who the hell are they? In the early ‘70s, I was completely aware of what was going on on German progressive rock music (at that time, not really much people called it Krautrock). I attended gigs from Tangerine Dream, Can, Guru Guru… I listened to Klaus Schulze and Kraftwerk, of course, and some others. But I never heard about Harmonia. Never.
Few weeks ago, my good friend
Christo Jota from Cologne gave me a little black and white promo CD from a German group that I should listen to: Harmonia.
I made my research. Harmonia was found in 1973 by ex-members of Cluster and Neu! They made two albums, one in 1974 and one in 1975, with later 1976 sessions recorded with Brian Eno released two decades later… more
here or on the band website.
Harmonia Live 1974 just like the title says is a live recording but… without any signs from the audience. Not a problem. The music is based on repeated rhythmic figures and simple guitar harmonies employed as foundations of long, hypnotic improvisations, several reaching 15 minutes or more. The quality of the recording is perfect and makes the performance from the band very attractive. Many repeated listening is requested to extend the state of peace that the music brings.
Live 1974 was released on the UK-based
Groenland Records label on October 22, 2007 and the San Francisco based Water Records label in the United States on December 11, 2007.
And guess what? Harmonia is still alive and is touring this summer; latest news
here.

Listen via
Sneakmove to:
Harmonia - Dino .mp3 from Musik von Harmonia (1974)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

javascript hit counter